Use process build, flow or apex to send an email
See the sent email in the activity feed
#2 Select the recipients
- Related To ID – the ID of the record you want to relate this to (eg. account or opportunity). Not a contact, lead or user
- Contact/Lead/User ID – Required if you use an email template
- ToAddresses – enter a comma-separated list of email address. Eg. [email protected], [email protected]
- bccAddresses – comma-separated list of email addresses to go into the BCC field
- ccAddresses – comma-separated list of email addresses to go into the CC field
#3 Enter the email content
- Email Template Id – the id of the email template. eg. 00X600000012maf
- Or instead, use “Email Template Name” with the unique name (API name) of the email template. eg. “Email_template_name”
Or write your own content
- You cannot use three items with an email template due to a limitation in Salesforce Apex:
- Subject – specify the subject
- PlainTextBody – enter a plain text body
- HtmlBody – or an HTML body
#4 Optional Extras
- OrgWideEmailAddress – Specify a specific from address. This must be an org wide email address.
- Save As Activity – You decide if you want to log the email as an activity or not. Defaults to True
- emailOptOutPolicy – this helps define what you do if a user has opted out of receiving emails:
- Attachment – ContentDocument — This is the ContentDocumentId of the document you want to attach. It will take the latest ContentVerion.
- Otherwise, you can use ‘Attachment – ContentVersion’ to specify a specific ContentVersionId
- Apex email sends have a limit of 5000 per day across your org. Note that all recipients in the to, cc and bcc fields count against this limit An example being an email with 2 addresses in the “to” field and 1 address in the “cc” field would count as 3 calls against the limit.