Panasonic is dedicated to improving the lives of people through their range of consumer electronics and business solutions. They are one of the largest designers, products and distributors in the world with nearly a century’s worth of experience.
Despite Panasonic being one of the most highly trusted brands with an array of award-winning products, they still operate in a highly competitive market. Competing with the latest products alone was not the fastest pathway to win more business and market share.
Panasonic, like many others identified the need to upgrade their customer experience across all areas of the journey and empower their internal team for success. This meant a number of practical improvements to their technology, sales and marketing tools.
The initial goals were:
- Make it easier for our customers to do business with us.
- mprove the reliability of the data we have
- Provide the team Insights on each customer which is useful and easily accessible by our team
- Provide B2B customers with the ability to self-serve and order online
- Automate cumbersome and manual back-end processes which sit across multiple systems (global processes & ERP)
- Engage new and existing customers with marketing content that is beautiful and engaging for each unique customer’s needs
- Get the backend in order with a scalable solution to set us up for long term growth and success.
Panasonic came to GravityLab with an existing Salesforce setup that tried to encompass many data points from product sales to inventory levels. In the last 2 years we have delivered 8 discrete phases to deliver amazing ROI and time to value. These have included:
- Starting with a thorough review of their Salesforce setup
- Improved their integration into a more modern and secure approach
- Streamlined the sales processes and carried out many user interface refinements so reps fell in love with the improved ways of working.
- Delivered a B2B portal to allow customers to self-serve and dramatically increase sales and efficiencies.
- Increased targeting and automation for specific customer segments.
We are still on the journey to maximise ROI to Panasonic through the Salesforce platform. Our approach of rapid smaller phases has meant a quicker time to value and a lower total cost of ownership. The upcoming phases on their CRM and customer engagement included improving warranty and servicing processes and an exciting phase looking into using human-centered design to further improve the online portal experience based on real customer wants and needs.
All this to say we have a very happy Marketing Manager who can bring her ideas to life on the platform, a more engaged internal team, better-serviced customers and ultimately a more profitable business.
”GravityLab has been very professional in their approach to supporting our business, all aspects are well thought through and you have a great sense that they have your business needs at the heart of all decisions.”
LYNDA-ANNE BODGER, GM MARKETING AND BUSINESS PROJECTS – PANASONIC NZ